Re: Making boot floppies for Sarge

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 15:59, Jim Seymour wrote:
> I need to compile a new kernel for Sarge.  How do I make a
> rescue floppy disk?
If you haven't replaced the installation kernel you can just use the
bootdisk (rescue.bin) to boot.
If you are using another kernel now you create a rescue disk with the
"mkboot" program which comes in the debianutils package (that should
already be installed).
A debian rescue disk is nothing but a boot disk to whom you can pass a
"root=/dev/hdX" parameter.

--
Gonzalo Sainz-Trápaga (GomoX)
GnuPG Fingerprint: A0AF 3BBF EB93 7EFE 6628  C5A5 F073 9442 6DE4 A497