Re: how to downgrade from testing to stable

I did three machines (work, home, laptop) in the past couple of
weeks going from unstable -> testing and it went smoothly for me.
Lately the quality of unstable seems to have truely merited the name
for the first time in my experience (gcc 3.2 problems, libpng
conflicts, the whole Gnome/Gnome2 fiasco, etc.).

I found it was only necessary to pin my target distribution level
(testing at 1001) before the downgrade. Afterwards I changed it to
unstable at a fairly low level (50) to allow selective upgrades.

Chris Caldwell

Information Systems Coordinator, Enterprise Systems
Information Systems and Services, The George Washington University
caldwell@gwu.edu | +1 202.994.4674 (w) | +1 202.409.0878 (c)
http://hippocrates.tops.gwu.edu | GPG key ID: 0xE52D0BE8

 --

"Programming today is a race between software engineers
striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs