Re: how to downgrade from testing to stable

    "Lucien" == A L Meyers <nospam.look@replyto> writes:

    Lucien> Hi!  What procedure should one follow to use apt to
    Lucien> downgrade from testing to stable.  Have already edited the
    Lucien> sources.list file and subsequently done "apt-get update",
    Lucien> which completed successfully.  But doing "apt-get
    Lucien> dist-upgrade" thereafter does not replace testing with
    Lucien> stable.

Which is what should happen. Going back a release is not supported as
an easy operation AFAIK. I'd say re-install, but I've never looked
into doing this yet. I know this is not a particularly helpful answer,
but it's all I've got.

Now if you were going from unstable to testing you could change
sources.list and in a while testing would catch up with you. With your
change to sources.list you eventually will go "back" to stable, but
only when sarge releases ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal