Re: liboggenc/vorbis-tool configuration problem

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 10:41:16PM +0100, Eirik Schwenke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure when this problem startet -- but on my up-to-date system
> I get the following error trying to run oggenc:
>
> e12e@mogwai:~$ oggenc
> oggenc: error while loading shared libraries: libvorbisenc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> e12e@mogwai:~$ ogg123
> ogg123: error while loading shared libraries: libvorbisfile.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had this problem a while back, and my solution was to pull the sources
for vorbis-tools (which is what contains oggenc and ogg123) and compile
it.  The problem is that the vorbis-tools package is at version
1.0.0-rc3, and the other vorbis packages are 1.0 in the testing
distribution.  (Anyone know what this will take to get fixed?  Maybe a
NMU?)

Hope this helps.

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735