Re: Re :- Re: Install Report II (The Revenge; bf 3.0.7 (beta); Acer Laptop; floppy/basedebs)

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 08:10:30PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
> > > Who decides what "valid" is ?
> > The admin. Later.
> Is it your official statement then that it's reasonable for the
> install to order the user to set something up, for no particularly
> good reason, and then force the user to go again and reconfigure it?

It's a security thing: saving one user from accidently setting up root/etc
without a password is well worth forcing someone who needs passwordless
accounts to set it up twice.

Joey might be changing it to a [y/N] prompt anyway though.

Cheers,
aj