Re: boot floppies hang. kernel image problems

"Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> writes:

> You can try:
>
>    http://debian.efis.ucr.ac.cr/~mmagallo/resc1440+aic-5.1.15.bin
>
> (beware! this is going to be SLOOOOOOW to download, better try between 0200
> and 1400 GMT)
>
> That's a 2.0.36 kernel, configured the same way the rescue floppy is, but
> using the aic driver version 5.1.15.
>
> I was stupid enough to remove that kernel's source ("oh, what's this
> v2.0.36+debian+adaptec-from-hell dir?  I dunno, let's remove it! ... no!
> wait! too late"), but I don't think anyone would have anytrouble recreating
> this.

Argh!  So you completely don't have source?  Can you reconstruct the
patch?

A radically different alternative, not requiring any source changes
but just kernel configuration changes, is to *only* compile in the
adaptec drivers from the stock kernel.

Any thoughts on this?