2 minor comments about Debian 2.1 installation and about kernel packages

I have two minor(?) requests:

1) I would like a prompt during the LILO installation phase for optional boot time
parameters [such as 'mem=32M' in my case]

2)  I would like to ask,  for as many of the installation profiles as is
feasible, that all packages needed for successful recompilation of the kernel
be included by default. [How much space would these packages take?]

The first request is sort of self-explanatory.

The second is simply because I'm a wimp when it comes to compiling the kernel
and would like the whole process to be as easy as possible.  Figuring out what
packages are necessary and installing them without stomping over any of the
currently installed kernel files would be very nice...

-ketan