Re: unable to install (upgrade) git - git-man dependency

Hi Riccardo

On 22.11.22 00:52, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
On 2022-11-18 10:16:07 +0100 Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:
IIRC in the past newer kernels (>5.9.0-2) already crashed during startup
on your T2000. "Running kernel 6.0.x" would then be already an
advancement. That gives hope for UltraSPARC IIIi (and maybe also III)
driven machines. I'll give it a try on my gear.

True... it was fixed in some 5.x series already though, I wrote back on
the list.

5.18 wored already and also 5.17 IIRC.

Good to know, looks like I missed that. Checking my logs 5.18.0-2 still
oopses on my T1000 when trying to `nfsmount` its root FS using the klibc
tools eventually making it unresponsive. So although this kernel looks
OK on your T2000, the klibc based stuff seems to be not - at least for
the NFS mounting stuff, plus DHCP using klibc tools is also broken here
IIRC.

So far Linux 6.0.x looks like a very good kernel for the extraordinaire
machines supported by Debian ports. That's really good! \o/

Yes, quite nice to see that. I'm typing this exact mail running:

Linux 6.0.0-4-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Debian 6.0.8-1 (2022-11-11) sparc64
GNU/Linux

So, try yourself on your systems.

Yeah, will do that.

Cheers,