Re: sparc developer machines

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 00:51 -0800, Jurij Smakov wrote:

> Thanks for your offer. As the future of the sparc32 port is uncertain at
> best, the machines must most certainly be sparc64.

hmmm, then my machines are certainly out of the game....

But...

I may have access to a few Rave machines. They are AXi (sort of U10), in
big 4U rackable chassis, with disks on trays, and SCSI.

http://www.rave.net/PRODUCTS/axi-4U-specs.html
http://solutions.sun.com/embedded/databook/web/boardplatforms/ultraaxi.html

We are taking them out of production at quite a rapid rate. They are
more or less free to use for any engineer who can lay their hand on them
for their own projects. But that is all internal.

They all have quite a few hours of production time, but only in a proper
hosting environment, with clean power, network and air. They are
dust-free when we open them after 3-4 years of non-stop worry-free
operations. Quite amazing!

I would have to see about donating them to the Debian project.

Would you be interested? Should I go through the hoops of a big Oil and
Gas services corporation to get them unlocked?

Nico