RE: cd boot fails: kernel can't find root fs

Morning All,

	I have an ss5-110 (200MB ram) with the default cdrom drive
(4x?).  I kept on getting errors when trying to read from the cdroms, but
managed to get a rudimentary install going.  talking about unfriendly
though :/  I kept having to un-mount the cdrom when the installer tried to
mount it incorrectly, and the boot floppies were no fun (when/if they
worked).

	But booting from the cdrom worked a treat (when it would read it
properly).  I've been tempted to link the sparc to my wintel box via scsi,
and use the faster drives on that... but trying to get the box to install
stuff properly has been the main hassle.

Regards,
William Law