Enterprise 3000 installation problems

Hi,

recently tried to install woody on my server here, and it didn't go too
well:
first it didn't find the kernel, but this you already know.
secondly, it failed to find the / (of the cdrom, I assume) so I had to pass
root=/dev/scd0 with the boot arguments.
after that, it died with a message about unable to open console, and finally
could not find init.

The same CD booted flawlessly on a SS20, so I guess the errors only occurs
for sparc64, possibly only for sbus based Enterprise series.

Any hints, suggestions regarding what to do? (I'm rather new to linux, but I
know the hardware very well, and that goes for solaris too - so a little
guidance would be very appreciated.)

Wbr
Andreas Loong