Re: Wierd 2.4 booting problem: Level 15 Interrupt

John Wood <john@interq.or.jp> writes:

> > Whenever I try to boot a vanilla 2.4.19 on a dual cpu SS20, I get the
> > following:
> >   Level 15 Interrupt
> > Does anybody have any clues/pointers?
>
> Does 2.4.18 boot for you? I would try booting that as well. If it will not
> boot, you may have hardware issues. I have a dual SS20 (2xsm71), and it is
> booting 2.4.19-pre10 just fine (swap-on still segfaults, but thats a know
> issue).

No, 2.4.18 does not work either.

Now the weird thing, is that is seems timing-relating. I've sprinkled
some printks (actually some prom_printfs) in arch/sparc/mm/srmmu.c to
see where the kernel was hanging, and it now boots all the time.

Also, disabling CONFIG_SMP seems to do the trick.

Phil.