Re: SS1+: real bad stability after woody-upgrade

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:11:16PM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:

> >i'll be grateful for all hints that might lead to solving this.
>
> Yes, definitely.

Well, another data point: my SS10 (2x 40 MHz supersparc) behaves badly
since about when woody became "stable" too -- it was actually running
woody before, but very solidly.

In my case, it's the postfix "master" process which goes crazy -- the
last time it was hung in state "D", now it is in "R", both times
unkillable.

The console shows:

Unsupported unaligned load/store trap for kernel at <f0029018>.
Kernel panic: Wheee. Kernel does fpu/atomic unaligned load/store.
Press L1-A to return to the boot prom

f0029018 would be in srmmu_set_pte_nocache_viking according to
System.map

The kernel I'm running is kernel-image-2.2.19-sun4dm-smp, version 8,
the very same kernel I'm running since months.

My other sparc32, an IPC, is running well even with woody -- but
"running" in that case means a very minimal install of woody (not even
an MTA, just ssmtp) just idling along. That one has an uptime of 146
days and is running kernel-image-2.2.20-sun4cdm version 9.

ciao,

cm.

--
** christian mock in vienna, austria -- http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/
Wahrscheinlich ist die Klage billiger als eine Inseratenkampagne: "Wir