Re: SILO problems

Jason Fraley wrote:

 > Have you created a Sun disk label on the disk ?

   Umm no?

   Why would I have a sun label? Using the rescue disk I can use the
 floppy's kernel to mount the file system. Wouldn't I need Solaris
 installed to make a Sun disk label? I guess what I'm wondering is why
 I'm not getting a "SILO:" prompt when I power cycle, and why I get no
 confirmation on success after manually running /sbin/silo that is setup
 properly now.

    Thanks in Advance,

 --
 Kris Constable                                  I'm simply a packet,
 Spectrum CSA - Unix Administrator               in the internet of