Re: ppp need to be repackaged (kbd also)

Christian Meder wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 11:21:16PM +0100, Eric Delaunay wrote:
> >  - ppp: postinst fails with the following error:
> >
> >    chown: .: can not omit both user and group
> >
> >    In fact, I didn't install suidregister and the fallback code is incorrect:
> >
> > -------excerpt of ppp postinst---------
> > # Permission processing inserted by debmake on Wed,  7 Oct 1998 14:48:58 +0200
> > if [ -x /usr/sbin/suidregister ]; then
> >         suidregister -s ppp /usr/sbin/pppd
> > else
> >         chown . /usr/sbin/pppd
> >         chmod  /usr/sbin/pppd
> > fi
> > -------excerpt of ppp postinst---------
> >
> >    Don't know if it's related only to sparc dist...
> >    Could it be repackaged right ?
>
> Seems like a general problem. Could you file a bug report if it's not
> done already ?

Not really.  I checked the i386 ppp package: it's ok.
I guess it was a problem using a not up-to-date debmake.  I rebuilt it with
the latest debmake 3.5.18 in slink and now the postinst is right.
I put it under on ftp://lix.polytechnique.fr/pub/Linux/debian/sparc/local if
you want to test it.
If nobody objects I will upload it tomorrow.

Regards.