Re: snapshot.d.o backup Was: [snapshot/master] Add a datapoint

[ please mail leader@d.o instead of my personal Debian account for
  DPL-ish stuff ]

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 09:06:54AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > Well, it exists in two places.  But errors in one might end up affecting
> > the other.  We don't have the resources to have backups on top of
> > distributing snapshot over two hosts.
>
> Since this is quite a precious resource, may be Debian project could
> spend some liquidity for at least a basic backup?

Sure: the Project can invest money on that.

But it is not up to me to decide whether that is actually needed or
not. snapshot.d.o admins have probably already thought about their
backup/recovery strategies.  Please discuss this matter with them. If
they resolve money is needed to improve data redundancy and/or easing
recovery, feel free to get back with me --- better if with a quote ready
to be evaluated :)

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .