Re: snapshots.debian.org hashes?

On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 10:44 +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> That's all the .dsc files that snapshot knows about, not limited to
> those in the ftp.debian.org archive but also including security,
> backports, debian-ports and so.

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

What would the preferred way to query that list of hashes?

Probably the derivatives stuff would take a list of unique source
packages, iterate through the dsc hashes, checking if the dsc is from
Debian and if it is not, checking if the other individual parts of the
source package are from Debian.

> The hash function currently used by snapshot is SHA-1.

Hmm, I note that some of the Sources files exported by our derivatives
only contain MD5 hashes, not the newer Checksums-Sha1 fields. I will
send a mail to the relevant derivatives about this, but...

Can we expand the list of available hashes to MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise