Loops in catalogs

Please, is this is a RTFM question, just help me to find the
chapter.... because I couldn't.

Very interested in DocBook (SGML and XML) I installed recently a lot
of packages (with apt-get) related to docbook, sgml and xml.

Since then, jade complains about

jade:/usr/lib/sgml/catalog:2:8:E: CATALOG entries cause loop

and the sgml mode of emacs (psmgl) loops forever after reading the
catalog.

I'm using debian on a laptop and use the 'unstable' version because I
need it for last hardware support.

I try to solve the problem by removing the conflicting line, but then,
most of the documents complains about missing information...

I read a lot of the documentation but couldn't find who to regenerate
the catalog files.

It there something wrong in the 'unstable' version of the installation
or did I miss something during the installation?

/etc/sgml/catalog

-- AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED, DO NOT EDIT --
CATALOG "/usr/lib/sgml/catalog"
CATALOG /etc/sgml/transitional.cat
CATALOG /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/sgmltools/sgmltools.cat
CATALOG /etc/sgml/sgml-data.cat
CATALOG /etc/sgml/docbook-xml.cat
CATALOG /etc/sgml/docbook.cat

/usr/lib/sgml/catalog

-- AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED, DO NOT EDIT --
CATALOG "/usr/lib/sgml/catalog"
CATALOG /etc/sgml/transitional.cat
CATALOG /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/sgmltools/sgmltools.cat

Chris

--
Christian Lemer
Service de Conformation des Macromolecules Biologiques et de Bioinformatique