sgmltools-lite will be uploaded today.

Hi Adam, and people on debian-sgml list.  Sorry to be too late in responding.

I finally manage to find spare time to work on sgmltools-lite, and have
created the working package of it.

I am putting the potato version of it into
 http://people.debian.org/~sano/sgmltools-lite/
for convenience of potato users.

I am also doing dupload unstable version now.

BTW, I have not yet fully kept up with recent change in sid/unstable
restructuring on SGML/XML system in Debian.

I modified the setup/maintainer script in sgmltools-2 for my
sgmltools-lite, and it now doesn't break /etc/sgml/catalog file
which is updated by update-catalog in sgml-base, I think.

 (Is update-catalog now in sgml-common ? my unstable system has some
  latency, so there is only sgml-base in it).

I also modified rules file so there is no /etc/sgml/catalog.d subdirectory
as well as symlinks in it.

But it does use subdirectories under /usr/lib/sgml yet.
Migration to /usr/share/sgml is one of TODOs if it is needed.

And I found that sgmltools-lite does not work with openjade well.
I have modified main sgmltools command to use /usr/lib/sgmltools/jadewhich
and let jadewhich to choose which to use, jade or openjade.

So I have thought that I can use jade|openjade in depends field of
control file.

But when I put openjade over jade in jadewhich, sgmltools does not work.

I used http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/mydocs/docbook-intro.sgml,
and "sgmltools -b html docbook-intro.sgml" works well when jadewhich
uses "/usr/bin/jade".

And, with all the same setup except the change in jadewhich to use
"/usr/bin/openjade", "sgmltools -v -b html docbook-intro.sgml" did
very time-consuming task silently, and ended with the error message:

/usr/bin/openjade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/nwalsh/html/dblink.dsl:
406:5:E: undeclared use of feature "simple-page"

 (the message above is folded manually. it was one line originally)

And there are only two output html files while jade created 29 files.

I don't know why. Just decided to remove openjade from depends field now.

Are there anyone who can let me know why openjade can't process sgml source
just as same as jade does ?  Is openjade not compatible with jade ?

My current unstable system (used in chroot environment)

ii  jade           1.2.1-18       James Clark's DSSSL Engine
ii  openjade       1.4devel1-4    Implementation of the DSSSL language
ii  sgml-base      1.04           utilities to maintain the SGML catalog file
ii  sgml-data      1.4.1          common SGML DTDs and entities

> This package should in fact not be take over but rather obsoleted by a
> new package sgmltools-lite since sgmltools v2 is obsoleted by
> sgmltools-lite upstream.
>
> Taketoshi Sano <sano@debian.org> said he would take this but I have
> seen no action yet, so I can't wait.

Excuse me to be too late, Adam.  My current situation does not let me work
on this for months.  If someone with enough skills can stand up, maybe I'd
better to give this package to him/her.

BTW, I still wish to have a dummy package as sgmltools-2 to smooth
migration from sgmltools-2 to sgmltools-lite.  I will upload a dummy
package for sgml-tools (v1) since some maintainer requested me to do
so, and I would do it for sgmltools-2 unless you really hate it.

Regards.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>