Re: [SID] Possible package problem with new sgml-base

Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:
> Gordon Sadler (gbsadler1@lcisp.com) wrote:
> > I'm completely new WRT sgml and it's organization. However, after
> > today's changes to sgml-base... it looks like you need symlinks in
> > /etc/sgml to point to /usr/lib/{dtd,entities,stylesheet}.

I would suggest not using that for a little while.

> > Trying to generate some html from sgml docbook source. I had to create
> > those symlinks in order for it to find the dtd's, entities, and
> > stylesheets correctly. Upon completion I received the following errors:

Which errors?

Really, Gordon, just don't use this stuff yet.  I dont' even ahve it
installed, and I maintain much of the toolchain.  Wait 2 weeks at
least.  Use the testing distro instead.

> > I am trying something simple with some of the kde sgml stuff. In order,
> > to get this to work I used:
> > update-catalog --add --super /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools/catalog

> Apparently sgmltools doesn't know how to process /etc/sgml/catalog,
> i.e.  it probably doesn't understand the CATALOG directive.  A bug
> report needs to be filed for this probably.

That can't be it.  'sgmltools' uses Jade.

> The /var/tmp thing I've no clue about.  I don't use sgmltools.

Yah, file a bug.  It's doing something stupid.