Re: Intel Microcode updates

On 23/06/19 22:28, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

The README already tells you how to do
it yourself, and people won't read it, why would them find about an
example downloader script?

$ zless /usr/share/doc/intel-microcode/README.Debian.gz
[...]
Custom Linux kernels must be built with initramfs support enabled (Kconfig
option CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y), as well as early microcode support
enabled (Kconfig options CONFIG_MICROCODE=y, CONFIG_MICROCODE_INTEL=y,
CONFIG_MICROCODE_INTEL_EARLY=y)
[...]

$ grep CONFIG_MICROCODE_INTEL_EARLY /boot/config-4.19.*
$

I try with F8 in
.../src/linux$ make nconfig
but it find nothing

[...]
A new version of the microcode bundle can be downloaded directly from
Intel (through their GitHub project):
https://github.com/intel/Intel-Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-Files

To manually install the downloaded microcode bundle, unpack the archive you
got from Intel and copy the microcode-*.dat file from the archive to
/usr/share/misc/intel-microcode.dat.
[...]

I have download the bundle, but inside there aren't .dat files

as I have say in another post in this thread: here there are the same files of the intel-microcode package

Ciao
Davide

PS: I don't want to criticize Debian (I'm a Debian user fun) nor who reply on the list (this people help other to understand what the don't know)