Re: On Mozilla-* updates

Greetings,

Am Montag, 1. August 2005 05:47 schrieb Matt Zimmerman:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 02:03:28PM +0200, Jan Luehr wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 31. Juli 2005 09:49 schrieb Bernd Eckenfels:
> > > No but I think most of the desktop packages suffer from the slow
> > > release cycle.
> >
> > Debian is not primarily intended for being used as a desktop system.  If
> > you are up to desktop centric usage, you should probably run Ubuntu
> > instead.
>
> Debian isn't _primarily_ intended for any such specific purpose, but that
> doesn't mean that it isn't suitable.
>
> Regardless of whether Ubuntu provides a more suitable option for a given
> user, I don't think that it's appropriate to make this sort of statement
> about Debian when there isn't a consensus within the project to support it.

Have I said so? I've tried to point out, that debian is "an universal
operating system" - as proclaimed on the homepage.
So at least here is a common consensus for the purpose of debian.
If I recommend to use another operating system for a more special purpose,
what's wrong here?

Keep smiling
yanosz