Re: Grsecurity patches on Debian

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:10:07PM +0100, Andras Got wrote:
> You should start with grsec low and proc restricions set customly.
> Hardening your kernel is always a option.

Running grsec isn't a problem, I use on both clients and servers.
Dont start with grsec low but with the custom option,
CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_CUSTOM and read the help sections.

> The grsec default high settings,

IIRC it defaults to custom.

> and PaX break Jetty (java server container) in two, so it simply won't
> start, gradm won't help as I know.

changing PaX-settings is done by chpax or paxctl. gradm is for the acl. if something breaks
chpax -peMRXs usually works, after that its about fine tuning.

/Thomas