Re: Unusual spam recently - hummm

On torsdag 3. juni 2004, 20:24, s. keeling wrote:
> > This is a bad suggestion.  My ISP requires us (by blocking port 25
> > outbound) to use their SMTP server.  Therefore I cannot connect to
> > the
>
> Considering 60% - 80% of the traffic these days is crap, this is
> beginning to look like a fairly reasonable restriction.  If you can
> figure out how to have SMTP negotiate that your ISP legitimately
> handles mail for your domain, that's the only way around it I can
> see.
>
> There are a lot of spam friendlies out there for whom no amount of
> reporting spam will have any effect on their actions.  Refusing
> forgeries is the only solution for those.

Then I think it is much more reasonable to let SpamAssassin or some
other good spam scanner have a look at it, then reject in the SMTP
dialogue based on not only a single characteristic. SA will also give
hammy scores, so even if there is one spammy thing about the message, a
few hammy things can let it pass through nevertheless.

It is straightforward to set this up using the Exim4 backports and SA.

Vennlig Tiddeli-bom,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo