Re: Disk Encryption on bf2.4

On Sunday 07 March 2004 13:13, E&Erdem wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just installed woody on a laptop, and i want to encrypt my
> home directory.
>
> I've searched, but couldn't find kernel patch for bf2.4. Is there a
> patch for this or i have to change kernel.

You can also use loop-aes (available via apt in sid), then you don't
have to directly patch your kernel (you can, but you need not do
it...): you will need at least the loop-aes-source package installed;
the loop-aes-ciphers-source are (optional) ciphers.

Just follow the README file provided in loop-aes-source: this
describes all steps involved in getting started, including examples
on how to use encrypted swap; encrypted partitions using gpg-key
stored on removable media etc.

$ apt-cache search loop-aes
loop-aes-ciphers-source - Ciphers for the loop-aes encryption Linux
kernel module
loop-aes-source - AES-encryption loopback Linux kernel module

Regards,
Klaus

--
Dipl.-Ing. Klaus Holler <gmx.at after kho@>