Re: Big VPN

> think an acceptable user-land alternative might be openvpn.  I would
 I don't think openvpn would easily handle such large number of connections,
it would be also a configuration nightmare.
tinc was designed to handle such scenario, but I wouldn't use anything
user-land for ~100 lans, no metter how maintainable the configuration is.
 I guess best bet is kernel 2.6.x and racoon-based key management.

Oh, and btw, if you're going to use FreeS/WAN, better look at
http://www.openswan.org, they've got the good code. ( and backwards
compatbile, if you've got frees/wan based network and want to upgrade to
2.4.25 you're out of luck with free s/wan - they migrated to 2.x with never
kernel, and it means you need to upgrade your userland tools, and probably
tune configuration a bit. Openswan works nicely with upgrades ).

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9