Re: Verisign and Bind update

On Thursday 18 September 2003 10:45, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

> rndc stops working for me. Anybody else seen this?
>
> root@zbasel:/etc/bind# /etc/init.d/bind9 reload
> rndc: connect failed: connection refused

(yes, yes,  replying to meself...)

Ok: reason: named now runs as root instead of bind, so it couldn't read the
rndc.key file. Is this intentional? I was upgrading from current testing.

Another thing: still missing versioned dependency on one of these libraries:
libdns10, libisc7, libisccc0, libisccfg0, liblwres1

(Dunno which one is really necessary, I just upgraded all depends after it
complained about config file unexpected token delegation-only.)

But all in all, a very very big THANK YOU to LaMont Jones & the ISC for
'resolving' this problem so quickly. Now I just hope Verislime doesn't start
to dynamically generate delegations, too...

greets
-- vbi

--
preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss