Re: pop3

On Jul 30, 2001, Christian Kurz wrote:

> An easier way would be to use the autocmd feature of vim. I use it for
> example this way:
>
> |autocmd BufNewFile,BufReadPost reportbug*,mutt-* set textwidth=72

Actually, since vim 5.4 or so, this is even easier:

    autocmd FileType mail set textwidth=72

That won't catch the reportbug* case, of course; you'd cover that with:

    autocmd BufNewFile,BufReadPost reportbug* set filetype=mail

which would also give you the usual mail-specific syntax highlighting.
:help filetype should cover everything.

This is, of course, going way off topic...

						-sbigham