Re: Have I misunderstood an ipchains concept?

I think I'm seeing the 'lo' behaviour. I just added rules to block purely
internal services like NFS on my external interface, and used nmap to
check that my rules in fact worked. Well, I was mildly surprised to find
nmap using the loopback interface when I had specified the external IP
address of my machine.