Re: Request for join the team

Hello Tian,

> I have fixed most of the problems in the latest upload.
> pocsuite3_1.7.6-1 is now at https://mentors.debian.net/package/pocsuite3/.
> Please let me know if there is any other mistakes I have to fix.
> Thank you very much for your attention.

Grand, did you manage to get a Salsa account? I've reviewed the upload
to mentors but it would be better if we could do reviews based on git
(you could also make use of salsa-ci to automatically build and detect
some issues[0]).

The package is failing to build for me due to 2 reasons:
1) Missing build dependencies: You will have to add python3-requests
and python3-requests-toolbelt to fix this. I believe you might be
building your package in a dirty environment, which contains other
packages installed that could trick you into believing that the
Build-Depends field is correct.
For building packages I suggest using sbuild[1], this will ensure you
get a clean environment for every build.

2) Unit tests are using the internet: Our policy states that a package
should not use the internet during its build process[2], and our
debhelper's python integration will automatically discover and run
unit tests.
In order to fix this you will have to disable the tests which require
internet access, or disable all of the tests by overriding the dh_test
with a noop[3].

[0] You can push a configuration like this
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/mtr/-/blob/debian/master/debian/salsa-ci.yml
and configure your repo to use it (Salsa's default is gitlab-ci.yml,
you will need debian/salsa-ci.yml)
[1] https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild
[2] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#main-building-script-debian-rules
:
 For packages in the main archive, no required targets may attempt
network access, except, via the loopback interface, to services on the
build host that have been started by the build.
[3] https://sources.debian.org/src/ocrmypdf/10.3.1+dfsg-1/debian/rules/?hl=39#L39

Thank you for your work, and let me know if you need help getting a
Salsa account or have questions about how to solve any issues.

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>