Re: librtr: Request for review / upload (Re: Git repository for librtr)

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Samuel Henrique wrote:
> d/copyright:
>  * it looks like there are two template lines on the file, #9 and #10
>  * there are files not listed on d/copyright, I noticed at least two
> of them: scripts/checkpatch.pl and cmake/modules/FindGcov.cmake,
> please do a general review and document all files, this is something
> which makes the package get rejected by ftp-master

Well, we don't want documentation of each individual file when it's not
needed. But there are some GPL files in the middle of the BSD-licensed
files and they should be documented, yes.

"licensecheck -r ." helps to find the files:

$ licensecheck -r .|grep GPL
./scripts/checkpatch.pl: GPL
./cmake/modules/FindGcov.cmake: GPL (v3 or later)
./cmake/modules/FindLcov.cmake: GPL (v3 or later)
./cmake/modules/Findcodecov.cmake: GPL (v3 or later)

> I'm not very experienced with shared libs, so pardon me for not
> getting deeper into the review, it would be nice if somebody else from
> the team could have a look at that. I'll try to study and understand
> the nuances of packaging shared libs meanwhile.

I haven't found any other significant problem in the package.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer