Re: How to handle NMUs in salsa

On 2024-05-10 23:33, Drew Parsons wrote:
On 2024-05-10 20:30, Santiago Vila wrote:
Hello.

Need some guidance here: It is ok if I commit to salsa the NMU of
slepc made by Benjamin Drung for the t64 transition?
(The package is already in testing and unstable)

I ask because I want to report (and maybe fix myself) a makefile bug.

Also: The question is both about this precise case but also about
any general guideline for that that may exist or should be followed.

Thanks.

No, please do not do that.  The patch is incredibly invasive.
I've filed a request to move on with slepc 3.20

Feel free to file the makefile bug report.
Could fix it for 3.20 (in experimental).

Drew