Re: pandas 1.3.5+dfsg-2 autopkgtest failures

On 2022-02-03 23:01, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
In Debian (only change from -1 should be disabling some tests, i.e.
real pandas-related failures are unlikely):
mdtraj/amd64: upstream tests pass but a warning is printed to stderr,
which autopkgtest counts as a fail
partd/ppc64el: save/load of a plain string fails
snakemake/i386: hang in test_pipes_fail
statsmodels/armhf: wrong answer in TestDFMComplex
These have all happened before, suggesting they're random, i.e. bugs
in these packages not in pandas.  (For partd, the other known instance
was on a different architecture (s390x), but it looks like partd only
uses pandas when it's handling pandas objects, which this test isn't.)

Thanks Rebecca. Looks like the mdtraj error is transient, passes eventually. Makes it hard to debug robustly.

From the error message "ValueError: Invalid file descriptor: -1" it looks like an actual error, so I don't want to immediately ignore it with allow-stderr. The mdtraj tests themselves pass so I guess it has something to do with shutting down pytest.

"Invalid file descriptor" suggests an object is deleted before a reference to it is removed, though strange for that to show up in a python context.

Drew