Re: Request for a fitting tool python-kafe2

Oliver Cordes <ocordes@astro.uni-bonn.de> writes:

> Dear all,

Hello!

Debian in currently frozen in preparation for the Bullseye release, so
you might have more luck finding someone willing to work on a new
package after the release has happened :-)

> We are in good contact to the developers of the source and since I'm
> not an official debian developer I have some expericenes in
> packaging. Nevertheless I guess that creating a package should not be
> so complicated ...

One note is that one of kafe2's dependencies, numdifftools, is not yet
in Debian. It, in turn, depends on algopy, which also is not in
Debian. So there is some work that needs to be done.

 Best,
 Gard