Re: Updates about BLAS64

On 2019-01-03 12:51, Mo Zhou wrote:
Hi,

Then dpkg-shlibdeps would simply generate a dependency on libblis2 (meta),
which depends on one of libblis2-{openmp,pthread,serial}. This feature
is included in the BLIS/0.5.1-1 which I'm uploading shortly.

This looks neat, clear, free of historical burden.

Can anyone recommend me some more packaging examples in similar case?
(i.e. compiling the same library many times for different variants
 where any two of the variants are compatible to each other but not
 co-installable)

I'd say it's more common for non-coinstallable packages to be installed in subdirs (e.g. using DESTDIR facilities during configuration and build), and then using alternatives to make the preferred alternative active.
But I think you already have that with the libblas alternatives.

Drew