Re: It seems I have messed up mpi-default in team upload

>> Unfortunately this ends up in build failures on any architecture
>> that tried to build:
>>
>>    https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=mpi-defaults
>>
>> The error is:
>>
>> if [ "" = "openmpi" ]; then \
>>   echo "mpi=openmpi-bin" > debian/mpi-default-bin.substvars; \
>>   echo "mpi-dev=libopenmpi-dev" > debian/mpi-default-dev.substvars; \
>> elif [ "" = "mpich" ]; then \
>>   echo "mpi=mpich" > debian/mpi-default-bin.substvars; \
>>   echo "mpi-dev=libmpich-dev" > debian/mpi-default-dev.substvars; \
>> else \
>>   echo "Unknown MPI implementation, stopping"; \
>>   exit 1; \
>> fi
>> Unknown MPI implementation, stopping
>> debian/rules:109: recipe for target 'override_dh_gencontrol' failed
>>
>> Any idea what might went wrong here?
>
> Apparently neither mpich nor openmpi are providing
> /etc/alternatives/mpicc anymore, which broke mpi-defaults' assumptions.
> Guess a quick fix would be to rely on some other link, like `mpi` or I
> notice there is a `mpiCC` now (for openmpi, didn't look at mpich).

Argh. Sorry, should have checked mpi-defaults; I just updated mpich and
openmpi and made sure they work together. See other mail i've just sent
about alternatives. It should check /etc/alternatives/mpi
(See openmpi-bin, mpich package postinsts)

regards
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry, <alastair@sceal.ie>, <mckinstry@debian.org>, https://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
Misentropy: doubting that the Universe is becoming more disordered.