Re: RFS: Upload of updated NLP software stack (CLST, Radboud University Nijmegen)

On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 11:25:17PM +0100, Maarten van Gompel wrote:
> I have updated our full software stack to the latest versions and would like to request sponsorship for upload:

wow, what a list…

> * https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/ticcutils.git

this url is 404 (but the one mentioned in the Vcs-Git is fine).

quick review:
* please bump std-ver (of course, do all the changes required to catch
  up with the last policy version) (related: are you subscribed to
  debian-devel-annount@lists.debian.org?  You probably should.)
* you are using debhelper 10, but still mentioning dh-autoreconf
* please stop using versioned -dev package, they are a PITA requiring
  sourceful uploads at every transition for no gain.  Take the occasion
  to do one last -dev rename and just remove that version.  I have no
  idea why that was done in e8e0fa87dae625cfe33831999755344d3dbf5d98,
  but "strong compatibility" doesn't really mean anything.
* this is library transition, so it has to go to experimental
  https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions
* Can I recommend to let go of cdbs and use dh instead? (there are good
  chances that doing that would also multiarchify the library)
* pristine-tar is not updated, neither is the upstream branch
* I see there is no symbols file, would it be a good idea to add one?
  Some simple starting is at https://wiki.debian.org/UsingSymbolsFiles

> All packages are tested, none are entirely new, and some library versions were updated because of
> so-version updates. The packages as listed above are in order of the dependency
> chain, so they should ideally be uploaded in that order alltogether.

This also means I'll just review them one at time as well…

> I did not add the debian/$latestversion tag yet in the git repo, probably best
> to add when its verified to be all right for upload? Other tags should be
> present.

Personally, I tend to prefer to do the debian/* tag myself while
uploading.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo