Re: Any idea why r-base-3 has vanished this morning? (Was: r-api-3.4 (Was: Upcoming new round of R package rebuilds))

On 24 September 2017 at 09:39, Andreas Tille wrote:
| On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 11:58:20AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > See below for upcoming R 3.4.2 "pre-release" change.
|
| Hmmm, I wonder why I get after todays upgrade of my pbuilder environment
| I get something like this
|
| The following packages have unmet dependencies:
|  r-cran-plyr : Depends: r-api-3 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package
|  r-cran-hdf5 : Depends: r-api-3 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package
|  r-cran-matrix : Depends: r-api-3 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package
|  r-cran-rcpp : Depends: r-api-3 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package
|  r-cran-jsonlite : Depends: r-api-3 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package
|  r-cran-lattice : Depends: r-api-3 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package
|  r-cran-pkgkitten : Depends: r-api-3 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package
|
| when building r-bioc-biomformat (or similarly any other r-*
| package that has build until yesterday).
|
| The current r-base-core is providing r-api-3 if I'm not totally wrong so
| I wonder what might be the problem here.

No it is not as "everybody" told me to provide r-api-3.4.  I do now.  And you
see that EVEYRTHING has to be rebuilt now.  Which all those who argued for it
consider a feature.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org