Re: Looking for sponsors to upload various updated packages

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 11:42:58AM +0200, Maarten van Gompel wrote:

> I have prepared updated debian packages for a significant portion of our
> research group's software stack of Natural Language Processing tools, with help
> also from Joost van Baal-Ilić. I am currently looking for sponsors to upload
> this all to debian.
>
> It concerns the following packages, all have been updated to the latest
> upstream sources:
>
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/python-pynlpl.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/libticcutils.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/libfolia.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/uctodata.git
>     * new package (split from ucto)
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/ucto.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/timbl.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/timblserver.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/mbt.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/mbtserver.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/frogdata.git
>  * git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/frog.git

I'll take

 mbt mbtserver libticcutils timbl timblserver dimbl

which leaves

 python-pynlpl libfolia uctodata ucto frogdate frog

for anybody else interested. Some of those have recently been removed from
testing, btw.

> All packages were verified to build and install with no or minimal (and
> in that case ignorable) lintian warnings. These releases also close various existing bugs.
>
> The packages are heavily inter-dependent. When testing, the order layed out above should
> result in no dependency problems.
>
> I'm not sure what the proper or most convenient procedure is to get uploaded to
> debian. Is it sufficient to link the git repositories as I did or should I rather
> send all the relevant source packages?

I guess debian-science members are ok with these pointers to the relevant git
repo's.  For sure _I_ am :)

Thanks for your work!

Bye,

Joost