Re: Looking for sponsorship: libfann, pyevolve (updates)

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 07:46:45AM +0100, Christian Kastner wrote:

> >> Interesting, thanks. Both packages are part of the machine learning
> >> task, actually. The git repos are still hosted by me though, and I
> >> intend to keep it that way for this, and maybe the next, package revision.
> >
> > So you will need *really* good arguments for this if you want me to
> > sponsor your packages. B-)
>
> Of course. Both of my upstreams recently switch away from CVS resp. SVN
> to git. I was already using git for their project in pull mode (git-cvs
> and git-svn), but I assume I will have to rebase my history onto their
> work. That's quite a bit of transition noise already; switching my repo
> location would only add to that.
>
> Hence why I want to "keep it that way for this" (= only packaging
> updates) and "maybe the next" (= new upstream release) revisions. IOW,
> focus on the user-visible aspect first (package quality), and only then
> deal with the background stuff.

So what exactly is your reason not to use

    git://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/<packagename>.git

as it is described in Debian Science policy?

As I said you need *good* reasons to convince me to do the SoB
sponsoring ... or just find somebody else who is not that picky about
the location of your package.  If you are wondering for my "good"
reasons to insist on git.debian.org:  The Blends tools are draining data
from git://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/ and the
sponsoring is done to propagate the Blends idea which you are failing if
you insist on using some external repository.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de