Re: Please, uipload sumo

Hi Anton,
[CCing list because I have the feeling we need help from Git experts
which I'm definitely not.]

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 07:38:15PM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
> I did not push the tags, that is why you could not build it with
> git-buildpackage.
> Tags are already there, so it should work.

Sorry, it is not about the *tags* but about the pristine-tar *branch*.

After a git pull I continue to get:

$ git-buildpackagedh clean --parallel
   dh_testdir -O--parallel
   dh_auto_clean -O--parallel
   dh_clean -O--parallel
gbp:info: Orig tarball 'sumo_0.15.0~dfsg.orig.tar.gz' not found at '../tarballs/'
gbp:warn: Pristine-tar branch "pristine-tar" not found
fatal: Path 'sumo_0.15.0~dfsg.orig.tar.gz.delta' does not exist in 'refs/remotes/origin/pristine-tar'
pristine-tar: git show refs/remotes/origin/pristine-tar:sumo_0.15.0~dfsg.orig.tar.gz.delta failed
gbp:error: Couldn't checkout "sumo_0.15.0~dfsg.orig.tar.gz": /usr/bin/pristine-tar returned 128

$ git branch
* master

However, a proper repository which should work with git-buildpackage
should look like:

$ git branch
* master
  pristine-tar
  upstream

> The only difference in dfsg and upstream version is removing
> src/foreign/eulerspiral/*
> files. I talked to upstream about this issue, so hopefully the next
> sumo version will have this problem resolved, and we will not need to
> repack the source.

Describing this in README.source is probably reasonable - but for other
people in the team (and also for you on upgrades) just calling a script
is way more convinient.

> Unfortunately, I do not have an experience of writing such
> get-orig-source rules in debian/rules. It should download the source
> using uscan, remove not needed files and
> pack the source?

Yes, somehow.  It should just reproduce what you did to get the source
tarball.  We have a lot of those scripts in Debian Med SVN and I picked
a random one which is supposed to work and does a bit more is for
instance

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/beast-mcmc/trunk/debian/get-orig-source?revision=9430&view=markup

You need to mind the version extraction bits - probably you need
something like:

  VERSION=`echo $@ | sed "s?^.*--upstream-version \([0-9.]\+\) .*${NAME}.*?\1?"`

rather than the bit unusual regexp in this example.

The watch file should then read:

http://sf.net/sumo/sumo-src-([\d.]+)\.tar\.gz debian debian/get-orig-source

which will cause uscan to call debian/get-orig-source.

> Thank you for your help.

Thanks for preparing the package

     Andreas.

--