Re: Performance analysis and profiling tools for sequential and parallel codes

Bonjour Julien,

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 17:43 +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > As Lucas suggested, we can work to put them under the Debian Science
> > umbrella.
>
> My preference goes to forming a dedicated team, due to the very complex
> nature of these tools.
It is your call ;)
I would prefer that you use Debian Science since we are pretty careful
with packages... especially when they are complex (I don't remember a
maintainer breaking a package usually maintained by someone else).
It would also simplify some coordinations on some related works (MPI,
linear algebra libraries, etc). It is one of the reason of the
pkg-scicomp => Debian Science merge.

Cheers,
Sylvestre