Re: Problem in octave

Am Montag, den 23.07.2007, 21:38 +0530 schrieb Goudar Vishwanathappa
Manu:
> Hello
> I don't know whether this is a right place to ask this question. I am
> using octave 2.9.9 version present in Testing. I just tried out the
> following multiplication and was surprised.
>

> >>a=[3+6i, 1+5i]                   ! complex vector a is defined
> >>a*a'                                  ! It is multiplied by its conjugate
> ans =  0.50000 + 0.50000i     ! I get this answer

It's a bug. ATLAS is built with g77 as Fortran compiler, while Octave
(2.9.9) was built with gfortran. This results in bugs when working with
complex numbers.

There's not much we as maintainers can currently do. We are waiting for
Octave 2.9.12 to migrate to testing (it's waiting for an ARM build on a
machine with enough ram[1], but mails to arm@buildd.debian.org yield no
result).

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2007/07/msg00061.html
	Thomas