Re: STklos library .ostk files (start with #! but are not executable)

Jeronimo Pellegrini <j_p@aleph0.info> writes:

> Hello,
>
> The STklos compiler always produces files that begin with
>
> #!/usr/bin/env stklos-script
>
> This is by default, but does not necessarily mean the file is executable
> (it doesn'tmake much sense to execute a library -- a SRFI, for
> example)
>
> If I run a compiled SRFI file, it does nothing:
>
> $ lib/srfi-13.ostk
> $
>
> So It doesn't really make sense to me to actually set it as an
> executable file. But lintian complains.
>
> What is the best thing to do here? Set the exec flag on all of them
> during package building, or override the lintian warnings?

Guile projects have a similar beef with lintian: all the compiled
libraries are ELF objects and lintian thinks they are really awful ELFs.
:) Every Guile package uses lintian overrides to get rid of the bogus
warnings.

I would go ahead and add overrides for this as well. If they're not
meant to be executable then setting them +x is certainly wrong.

(You might of course want to reconsider using the #! syntax in this
case, but that requires changes upstream. Just mentioning it as an
option.)

--
Göran Weinholt   | https://weinholt.se/
Debian Developer | 73 de SA6CJK