Re: webgen (finally)

Am Montag, dem 08.03.2021 um 20:33 +0100 schrieb Klaumi Klingsporn:

> after all needed packages for webgen are at least in
> unstable now I started finishing the webgen package itself.

I've checked the current sources. Here are some hints:

debian/copyright:
- misses copyright/license for lib/webgen/rake_task.rb
- in the "License: BSD-3-Clause" section remove the copyright string
- Thomas Leitner's coypright starts 2003, not 2004
- data/webgen/passive_sources/stylesheets/coderay-default.css very probematic
  A) The COPYING file only says "LGPL" without any specific version,
  B) it actually says that this file was created

Now if the FTP masters are nitpicking, they want to see the source to produce
coderay-default.css. Now I have no idea what the coderay_stylesheet binary
actually does, if it processes some input or just outputs this file. If it
processes some input, the input should be provided using
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#missing-sources-debian-missing-sources.
Otherwise a Comment in debain/copyright might be in order. Also the webgen
author should specifify which LGPL version and if it is "LGPL <Version>" or
"LGPL <Version> and later". You put LGPL-2.1 in debian/copyright, but I don't
see anything to back this up.

debian/control:
- please use HTTPS links in Homepage and Description fields
- the webgen-doc package might miss a dependency on the fonts-lato package

debian/rules:
- the override_dh_installdocs and override_dh_installman targets don't make
much sense to me; why do you need them?
- it might be useful to override dh_installdocs and use the --link-doc switch
(make sure that debian/webgen-doc.doc-base and debian/webgen-doc.links are
still correct afterwards)
- the dh_auto_clean override can be removed as well if you create a file called
debian/clean and put the directory to remove in there (man dh_clean)

debian/.gitattributes:
- is missing
- run dh-make-ruby and it will create it -> then push it

debian/upstream/metadata:
- contains template leftover in the Archive field
- all fields must be fixed because they are not pointing to github; so the URLs
in there actually don't exist (use HTTPS links)

debian/webgen-doc.docs:
- I would drop AUTHORS and THANKS (we have debian/copyright; but this is just a
suggestion)

Lintian looks good so far.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert