Re: rails 6 will be uploaded to unstable in 8 weeks (August first week)

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:42 pm, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
Hi,

We have discussed about rails 6 transition in last 3 meetings and in today's meeting we decided to give an ultimatum and start filing bugs for the packages that breaks.

In the coming days I will do a rebuild of all reverse (build) dependencies of rails and start filing bugs.

But after 8 weeks we will upload rails 6 to unstable, whatever be the status of the reverse (build) dependencies.

If you care about a package that depends or build depends on rails, please fix them to work with rails 6 now.

See https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/rails/-/wikis/Transition-to-Rails-6-for-Debian-Bullseye for all affected packages.

I have now checked all reverse (build) dependencies and published the meta/build logs here.

https://people.debian.org/~praveen/rails6-meta-build/

It has a list of all packages that failed. Now we need to file bugs for these packages. Let me know if you like to help filing bugs. Also please start fixing the packages that failed.