Introduction and request for help packaging a ruby app

Hi there!

I'm somewhat new to debian packaging, although I'm currently already
co-maintaining the smokeping package, and I would like to create a new
debian package for a ruby app (or rather plugin?): vagrant-librarian-puppet

I already have an ITP for it: #924285

I've also already used gem2deb to start things up and managed to get the
package to a functional state (it's installed on my laptop).

I'm wondering if packaging this under the ruby team makes sense with
folks already in the team, and if so I think I would need some help to
place things around correctly in the git repos, and then maybe make sure
that I don't forget bits of details, if someone would be willing to help.

I'm LeLutin on irc, and I'll start hanging out in the team channel. So
you can reach me out here on the list, or on irc.

Cheers!