help with ruby-handlebars-assets autopkgtests

Hi,

While changing the manual autopkgtest Test-Command in debian/tests/control to use default autodep8's autopkgtest-pkg-ruby field in debian/control, I found out it was using a work around to using relative paths in tests (it was using 'build-needed' restriction in debian/tests/control). I was not able to figure out a correct patch for tests to take this from system path. Can someone help?

Thanks
Praveen