Re: RFS: ruby-schash

Hi Scott,

On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 12:05:29AM +1100, Scott Leggett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've packaged the "schash" gem as package ruby-schash. The package is
> uploaded to mentors here:
>
>   https://mentors.debian.net/package/ruby-schash
>
> And packaging is in the pkg-ruby-extras repository.

doing both is redundant. if you are pushing to the team repository,
there is nothing to gain uploding to mentors.

> Could I please have the package reviewed and uploaded?

uploaded.

I found 3 issues. I fixed 1) and 2) myself, and I suggest you get 3)
fixed for a future upload.

1) note that the license that people usually call "MIT" we
in Debian call Expat, because there are multiple MIT licenses, MIT/X11
and MIT/Expat. I made that change myself (f75d24e), but keep that in
mind for future packages.

2) please do not create debian/* tags unless you are doing the upload
yourself. we want the tag to reflect exactly what was uploaded, so
usually the person doing to upload should be the one creating the tag
(for example in this case I made a change on top of your work before
uploading, so the tag you created was not accurate). I deleted the tag,
since this repository is not referenced anywhere yet.

3) the package has no tests. upstream does not ship the tests to
rubygems.org, but there *are* tests in the github repository. so you
want to either pull tarballs from github, or ask upstream to include the
tests in the rubygems.org upload.