Re: Conflict beetween ruby-aws-sdk and ruby-aws

Hey,

On 06/08/15 15:43, David Suárez wrote:
> The upload of the new package ruby-aws, introduced #788906 bug, due to both
> packages installing the same file '/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/aws.rb'.
>
> Both packages provides the same functionality, interfacing amazon AWS
> services. ruby-aws-sdk is the oficial gem from amazon while ruby-aws is another
> implementation from third party.
>
> I dunno what't better here:
>
>   - Maintain 2 packages with same functionality (Replaces, Conflicts things).
>   - Removing one of them from the archive.
>
> Tomasz what do you think about ?

I was thinking about renaming the conflicting file (something like
aws.rb -> ruby-aws.rb). However, after I checked that they both provide
access to the same services, I believe that it would be better to simply
Conflict [1] them and let the user choose which one suits him or her
better. Some scripts might be specifically using one of them so I
wouldn't remove any of them from the archive.

If no one has a better idea, I'll update ruby-aws accordingly

Regards,
T.

[1]
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-conflicts